As of September 7th, temporary AUVI-Q epinephrine auto-injectors were made available across pharmacies in Canada. To better understand your recent experiences in accessing devices since that time, we asked you to complete a quick survey. Thank you for providing your feedback!
From the survey, you told us:
- You had challenges in filling your prescriptions for epinephrine auto-injectors
- Limits were placed on the number of devices you received, and some of you still weren’t able to access a device
- Pharmacists weren’t aware of AUVI-Q availability
- AUVI-Q coverage was limited by some private benefit plans (e.g. insurance companies, employers, etc.)
- Pharmacists asked you for a prescription for each device
Because of your feedback, we recommend the following steps to ensure you get access to epinephrine auto-injectors…
Lesen Sie weiter auf: Accessing epinephrine auto-injectors: follow these steps
Quelle: Food Allergy Canada
Titelbild/Grafik by Food Allergy Canada
Kommentare und FragenMöchten Sie zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder haben Sie dazu eine Frage, dann machen Sie dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Weiteres von Food Allergy Canada
- Kids spotlight: Adley, an 8-year-old student, is passionate about food allergy education
- Mythbuster: Are hives or other skin symptoms always present with a severe allergic reaction?
- Ways to give – January 2019
- Mythbuster: Someone who has been treated with an epinephrine auto-injector doesn’t necessarily need to go to the hospital
- University students – participate in a new study
- New peanut allergen precautionary statement notification from Kashi Canada
- Post-Secondary Professionals: University of Victoria launches stock epinephrine program
- Mythbuster: Is it true that when someone eats a little bit of the food they are allergic to, it will increase their tolerance to that food and they will be “cured” of that allergy?
- Food Allergy Canada launches Shine a (teal) light campaign to promote an inclusive Halloween for children at risk of an anaphylactic reaction
- We need your help to improve our website