Today, Bill 201 – Protection of Students with Life-Threatening Allergies Act has become law in Alberta and will come into effect in January 2020. Thanks to all of you who reached out to your MLA earlier this month to help make this happen, it’s with your support and advocacy that real change happens.
This important new legislation will ensure students with food allergy are better protected in publicly-funded Alberta schools. With enhanced training, awareness, and education along with the added safety measures of having stock epinephrine, Alberta now has one of the most comprehensive school policies in Canada.
Thank you to MLA Ms. Jackie Armstrong-Homeniuk for putting this Bill forward and for her leadership in progressing this Bill into legislation quickly and efficiently. We have been working closely with Ms. Armstrong-Homeniuk’s staff on this initiative…
Lesen Sie weiter auf: New law in Alberta will better protect students with food allergy
Quelle: Food Allergy Canada
Titelbild/Grafik by Food Allergy Canada
Kommentare und FragenMöchten Sie zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder haben Sie dazu eine Frage, dann machen Sie dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Weiteres von Food Allergy Canada
- Staying safe with food allergy while on a budget
- Mustard allergy: Updated information regarding precautionary allergen labelling
- Mythbuster – Are all allergy-inducing foods required to be listed on food labels?
- Latest news from Food Allergy Canada – August 2019
- EpiPen® supply constraints in Canada
- Mythbuster – Can antihistamines and asthma medications be used instead of epinephrine to treat anaphylaxis?
- New law in Alberta will better protect students with food allergy
- Act now: Help to get an allergist in PEI
- Destination Weddings with Food Allergies
- Advocacy in action: National Food Allergy Action Plan